Set in a magical location of emeral lakes and towering white peaks, Pokhara is an enchanting city. One of the most frequented destinations in Nepal, the resort city is famous for its natural beauty and friendly locals. Being the starting point for most treks leading to the Annapurna Mountains, Pokhara is a favorite haunt of trekkers and adventures. Its quaint resorts, clean bracing mountain air, jewel like lakes, picture-perfect locales and agreeable climate makes it a charming destination. Memorable events like weddings and anniversaries held at the backdrop of the Phewa lake and the snowy Machhapuchhre ( Fishtail Peak) will lend the event a special touch. Idyllic Gurung and Magar heritage villages, located on the outskirts of the city serve as ideal sites for heritage walks and photography tours. Here, in the midst of nature, you can de-stress, relax and rejuvenate.
Activities in Pokhara:
1. City Sightseeing Tour: Visit Davies Falls, Gupteshwar Gufa (cave), Seti Gorge, International Mountain Museum.
2. Boating: Paddle on the tranquil waters of the Phewa Lake, while enjoying the surrounding scenery.
3. Paragliding: Paraglide from atop a hill and get a different perspective of the valley from high up in the sky.
4. Rafting & Kayaking: Experience Himalayan river rafting and kayaking thrills by riding on the rapids of the Seti River.
5. Zip lining: Experience adrenaline rush by sliding through the world’s longest zip flyer in the world. The zip line at Pokhara that stretches from Sarangkot and ends in Hemmja covers a distance of nearly 2km.
6. Bungee Jumping: Experience a heart stopping 70 meter vertical drop by bungee jumping from a tower at High Ground Adventures.
7. Nature Tour: Explore the many lakes (Begnas, Rupa, Maidi, Khaste etc) and the woods surrounding Pokhara.
8. Trekking: Experience Gurung culture and enjoy panoramic views of the Himalayan peaks by trekking through the hills and villages surrounding Pokhara. A short hike to Sarangkot Hill offers a bird’s-eye view of the entire Pokhara valley and the snowy Annapurna, Machhapuchhre, Dhaulagiri and Neelgiri Mountains.
9. Shopping: Shop for souvenirs and curios at the old bazaar.