Nepal’s capital Kathmandu is a delightful blend of the old and the new. Once a medieval kingdom, the city is now an urban hub. The city can be called the ’gateway to Nepal’ as it has the only international airport in the country. The city is also home to foreign embassies and consulates. With world-class hotels, featuring state-of-the-art infrastructure and a fascinating ambience; outdoor venues that could accommodate more than1000+ strong crowd, ubermod shopping malls, theatres and art galleries, Kathmandu is your ideal destination for MICE tours. Scenic spots like Dhulikhel, Nagarkot, Godavari and Kodari lie just a few kilometers from the city centre. Every year Kathmandu hosts innumerable international events like International Mountain Film Festival, literary and musical fests, international symposiums and conferences etc. The city’s heritage sites and medieval palaces are favorite locations for international photo shoots and feature films.
Activities in and around Kathmandu:
1. Cultural Tours to World Heritage Sites: Cultural and sightseeing tours to the three medieval kingdoms - Kathmandu, Patan and Bhaktapur and to ancient Buddhist and Hindu temples of Pashupatinath, Boudhanath Stupa, Swayambhunath and Changu Narayan.
2. Medieval Village Tours: A stroll through the ancient villages of Bungamati, Khokana, Panauti and Sankhu will help you understand the ancient traditions and lifestyle of the Newars of Kathmandu valley.
3. Hiking: The hills surrounding Kathmandu (Shivapuri, Phulchowki and Nagarjun) offer opportunities for short day hikes.
4. Paragliding: Take a tandem flight from Godawari village (located at the south-eastern end of the city) and get a bird’s eye view of the Langtang peaks and the surrounding villages from atop.
5. Rafting: Drive down through hairpin bends to Kurintar and enjoy riding the rapids of Trishuli River. Or travel west to Dholalghat for a Sun Koshi river rafting adventure or journey further to Kodari, near the Nepal-Tibet border, for more rafting thrills in the Bhote Koshi River.
6. Bungee Jumping: Bungee from a 160 meter high suspension bridge over the Bhote Koshi River.
7. Canyoning: Follow an experienced canyoning guide and abseil, jump and slide smoothly through cascading waterfalls and vertical river walls.
8. Mountain Flight & Heli Tours: Watch the panoramic view of the Himalayan Mountains from aboard a mountain flight or a helicopter.
9. Bird Watching: Go bird watching in the wooded hills of Pulchowki, Shivpuri and Nagarjun forest.
10. Wall Climbing: So what if you don’t get to climb any peaks during your short Nepal visit, wall climbing or bouldering (from 10metres to 50 meters) in the heart of Kathmandu city offers you the same adrenaline rush.
11. Shopping: Go shopping in the posh Durbar Marg or the old Ason Bazaar. Or hop through the bylines of Thamel looking for souvenirs or curios.
12. Wellness Treatment: Pamper yourself with beauty and wellness treatments by visiting a Spa. Relax and rejuvenate by enjoying an oriental or Ayurvedic massage therapy.