Godavari lies in a mere thirty minutes’ drive from central Kathmandu. Situated at the foot of the Phulchowki Hill, the verdant area around Godavari is filled with rows of vegetable farms and nurseries. Rising to a height of 2760m, Phulchowki Hill is the highest mountain surrounding Kathmandu valley and a popular spot for Bird watching, Hiking and Mountain Biking. The dense forest covering the hillside is home to endangered species of birds, butterflies and Himalayan flora. A walk around the National Botanical Garden in Godavari spread over 82 hectares, with its collection of rare plants and flowers, beautiful landscaped gardens and bubbly mountain spring, makes for a delightful nature tour.
Activities around Godavari:
1. Nature Tour: Walk around the dense wooded hillside or explore the National Botanical Garden.
2. Hiking: Hike up to the summit of Phulchowki Hill.
3. Mountain Biking: Ride up the steep hillside of Phulchowki and enjoy an exciting downhill descent.
4. Bird watching Tour: The dense forest covering the Phulchowki Hill is home to over 200 species of birds, some of which are endangered. Spend a day listening to birdsongs and observing the colorful winged creatures nesting in the dense foliage.
5. Paragliding: Take a tandem flight from a small hill (2100m) in Godavari village and soar high in the sky, like a bird.