Located on the Araniko Highway, on the road leading to Nepal-Tibet border, Dhulikhel is a charming resort town. A popular weekend getaway, Dhulikhel lies about an hour’s drive from Kathmandu and offers a wide selection of hotels and resorts. On a clear day one can enjoy 360 degree view of Himalayan peaks from here. The sun rising over the white peaks, coloring the towering snowy spires in hues of golden and pink is sure to take your breath away. Take a short hike and explore the surrounding woods or ancient Newari villages or drive further to Kodari to enjoy adventure activities like bungee jumping, rafting or canyoning on the Bhote Koshi river.
Activities around Dhulikhel
1. Hiking: Put on your walking gear and hike up to the hills surrounding Dhulikhel. Explore ancient Newari villages that lie secluded from the main highway.
2. Rafting: Take a short drive to Dholalghat or Kodari to enjoy white water rafting and other river activities.
3. Bungee Jumping: Bungee from a 160 meters high suspension bridge over the raging Bhote Koshi River.
4. Canyoning: Bring out the dauntless in you by abseiling from a steep rock face, following the path of a cascading waterfall.
5. Mountain Biking: The hilly off-road and downhill trails in Dhulikhel provide the perfect track for mountain biking.
6. Team Building & Leadership Activities: Sign up for a fun-filled and insightful team building and leadership workshop offered by some of the resorts.